SNEAKY PETE’S GARDEN TRACTOR PULLERS
2018 GENERAL GARDEN TRACTOR PULL RULES
- MEMBERSHIP/POINT FUND – Membership is optional but is required for point fund. Points earned will be recorded by tractor I D number and stay with the tractor in event of owner/driver change. (Also see #1, tractor safety rules.) To be eligible for points, a membership form must be registered and membership paid for EACH TRACTOR before points can be accumulated. Voting privileges are limited to ACTIVE pulling members (owners and/or drivers, volunteers) for current year/season. One vote per tractor per class-Must have paid membership on tractor in class to vote on class issues. Membership point fund fees: First Tractor $15 a yr/season and each additional tractor $5 a yr/season.
- Entry fees are $10.00 per off lawn and diesel class per tractor and $l5.00 per stock/open/mini rod class per tractor for Sneaky Pete club members. Special pulls could have higher entry fees. Non club members may be charged an additional $5.00 entry fee per event to help offset insurance costs. Each class will be awarded cash paybacks and/or trophies depending upon paid entries per class. Single tractor in a class is eligible for points with paid entry; however, payback can be limited to entry fee back. Class winners in each class must rescale and be checked for legitimacy before being declared winner of that class.
- Tractors must be registered and entry fee paid before event is scheduled to begin. No entries after your class is started, however pullers traveling long distances will be given special consideration if they are late due to vehicle breakdown, etc. Late pullers will pull last. Advance registration by pre-registering at a prior pull is also an option.
- Drivers must be 6 years old or older for all off lawn/stock altered classes. 800 lb. off lawn class is limited to children ages 6 to 16 years old. Drivers must be 12 years old or older for super stock, sport stock, or diesel classes and 16 years or older (with drivers license) for open/unlimited and mini rod classes. Parent/guardian must sign the application giving his/her permission. Child/driver must be able to handle tractor and controls by himself /herself. Child may be helped while at starting line to engage correct gears. Parents/Guardians must remain off track until red flag is waved and child has stopped the tractor. Children may be required to perform a drivers test prior to being allowed to compete.
- Drivers consuming Alcohol or Illegal/Non-prescription Drugs prior to or during pull will be disqualified in all classes entered.
- Attendance at drivers meeting mandatory prior to pull. Verbal exchanges supersede written instructions.
- Tractors must be kept in control, to track official’s discretion, at all times. Drivers must remain on seat of tractor during their pull and one hand must remain on steering wheel at all times. Momentary movement of hand away from steering wheel will be allowed at discretion of officials. Both feet must remain on running board at all times. Drivers may shift gears during pull. Disqualified if any part of tractor goes out of bounds. Only Sneaky Petes officials (either Cy, skid steer operators, sled operators or flag man) can disqualify any driver/tractor.
- All classes: a 15-inch maximum single hitch length, measured from center of rear axle to rear of hitch hole. Recommended minimum 1 3/4 inch diameter hole, hitch maximum 3/4 inch thickness. Maximum hitch height for all classes is 13 inches, no more than one inch material behind point of hook.
- No recaps, duals, studs, chains, sticky tires or sprays. (Also see individual classes for more info) All classes, except mini rods, have a maximum tire size of 26 X 12 X 12 that will be acknowledged by size engraved or molded on side of tire only. Tire circumference or tread width measurements will not be recognized as legal maximum tire size. Commercial garden tractor turf tires are only legal tread allowed on tar/concrete track surfaces for all classes. Bar type lug tires are legal only at advertised dirt pulls for all classes except off lawn, where only commercial turf tires are legal on all track surfaces. Bar type lug tires can’t be run backwards in any class or track surface. Only 1100 lb. off lawn can run siped turf tires on tar or cut bar tires on dirt – no Pit Bulls, LawnTecs or Cepek. No Field/Turf tires, ATV or Gator tires in any class.
GENERAL RULES CONTINUED (page 2)
- All pullers will be assigned positions in each class and must be lined up prior to pull, as announced. If not in line or ready, he may be disqualified and forfeit his entry fee. Each tractor is allowed one hook per weight class (no double entries) and limited to one hook maximum per event unless officials make exceptions.
- Each puller has two chances to take a measurable pull. No jerking sled, chain must be tight when starting out. Puller must stop in less than 40 feet in order to get second chance. If sled is moved, it must be repositioned for second try. Weights can be repositioned at this time.
- First puller of each class may be used as test puller to set the sled. Puller may either take or decline the distance, before being unhooked from the sled. If driver makes no decision to take or decline the distance to the flagman when he is unhooked, it’s an automatic decision by officials that he takes the first measurement by default. Pull will be measured regardless of distance. The re-pull will be in last position.
- Pullers start their pull with the green flag only. On the red flag, they must stop immediately. No one but the driver and officials are allowed on the track during the pull. Be sure to let officials know if you are colorblind.
- Suggested weight classes: Includes both tractor and driver. (Only one engine per tractor, except open/unlimited classes.)Weight classes may be added or changed if three or more pullers request it. NO FOURWHEEL DRIVES – NO ATV’S – NO THREE WHEELERS – NO REAR ENGINE TRACTORS – NO TURBINE ENGINE TRACTORS CAN ENTER ANY CLASSES!! Use of any vehicle to “HOT ROD” in the pit area is prohibited.
Off the lawn: 800 lb – 10 Hp. stick or 12 Hp. hydro limits
900 lb – 14 Hp. stick or 16 Hp. hydro limits
1100 lb – 20 Hp. maximum limit
(Multiple Hp. rated engines go to highest Hp. limit.)
Stock Altered: 950 lb – 14 Hp & 1050 lb – 16 Hp
Sport Stock/Stock Stroke: 1050 lb
Pro/Super Stock: 1050 lb
Open/Unlimited: 1100 lb & 1200 lb
Unlimited Outlaw 1400 lb
Mini Rods: 1750 lb & 1900 lb
- Any contestant protesting a puller must be in same weight class. He MUST deposit a protest/tear down fee before protested tractor is unhooked and MUST submit written protest within 30 minutes or it is NOT an official protest. The protest/teardown fee for all classes from off lawn to pro/super stock is $40 and for motorcycle thru mini rod classes is $200. If tractor is legal, the protester loses his money to unit being protested. If protested tractor is illegal, protest money goes back to the protester, the illegal tractor is disqualified and every one under him moves up a position. If the protested tractor refuses protest, he will be disqualified. He must become legal in that class at future pulls or must pull one class higher. Any teardown is performed by the owner and is viewed by officials after pull is over. Sneaky Pete’s officials may tear down any tractor at any time without a protest fee. Teardown is at the officials discretion. Sportsmanlike conduct must be used or parties involved may be disqualified.
- The decision of the officials is final and calls of judgment are not subject to appeal. With a showing of good cause, they may reverse/revise their decision. Any vulgar language or unbecoming behavior may lead to disqualification or suspension.
SNEAKY PETE’S PULLERS HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY TO ANY PULLER.
2 of 2 pages